Schlagwort-Archive: hotel

UPDATE II on Denmark Bomb Case

Danish Police released first pictures today of the bomb suspect who was injured by his own explosives while building a bomb in a hotel in Danish capital Copenhagen on September 10th.

Currently there is a press conference going on, in which new information will be revealed by Danish security officials.

Still the identity of the man is not known. He carried Belgian and Luxembourg ID documents that where either faked or had been stolen seven years ago. The man never used any cell phone or credit card while in Denmark and was successful in leaving no traces, police says.

The bomb suspect acted alone, investigators believe, and is now trying to hide his identity and motives by not talking to the police. In hospital it became clear the person speaks English, French and German and is assumed to be from Western or Central Europe.

If he was about to carry out a terrorist attack is not known so far. Not even the target of his bomb attack has been identified. Investigators as well as the former head of Danish intelligence PET said the case looks like a spy story involving an agent who is now not telling about his failed mission.

UPDATE on Denmark Bomb Case

Danish police today denied rumours spread by Danish media yesterday that investigators had found maps and information inside the bag of the terror suspect that indicated the man wanted to blow up Aarhus building of Danish newspaper „Jyllands Posten“.

First information about investigation was released today. Police is still trying to find out the who the man is who brought explosives inside Copenhagen´s Jorgensen Hotel on Friday. He is said to have three national identities including Belgian. Police says the terror suspect speaks perfekt English, French and German with French accent.

On Friday the man bought a bus ticket to Belgium while staying in Denmark. Maybe he was trying to flee the country after the planned bomb attack. Footage of the hotel´s survaillance cameras was released by Danish police today. It shows the suspect going into the hotel´s restrooms in the basement and leaving it 38 minutes later as he runs out of the hotel.

Police say the man checked into Jorgensen Hotel on September 7th, traveled around Copenhagen and also shaved his beard he had when he arrived in the Danish capital. On Friday he signed out of the hotel leaving all his luggage in his room.

Meanwhile investigators are not sticking to the theory the man wanted to carry out a suicide bombing. Rather it is suggested he tried to build a bombing device.